Most people know me by my demoscene nick but my real name is Greger Lönnberg. Born, to the cold country in northern Europe that is known as Finland, in 1976. I'm living in Vantaa near the capital of Finland, Helsinki.
I compose music now and then, I don't have as much time for it as I would like though. I've been practicing different martial arts for the most part of my life, including Wado-ryu Karate, Wing Tsun and Muay Thai but currently I'm concentrating in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo and Wrestling. I occasionally play some online games like Heroes of Newerth. Sometimes I even code some small things but I rarely finish any of my coding projects.. I currently have probably about a million open projects.
I've been composing music with computers since roughly 1990. Starting with soundchip and tracker music on the Atari ST and moving on to using a PC and synthesizers. Later on I discovered the source of my interest towards soundchip music from my youth, the Commodore 64. My style in music has varied over the years, at first being Jean-Michel Jarre and Vangelis inspired synth pop, later on being experimented along with some more raw and distorted sounds as well as heavier beats. Today, I mainly compose pseudo-orchestral filmscore-ish pieces inspired by Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson-Williams and the like. But I haven't forgotten my roots as I still like to compose soundchip music for both the Atari ST and the Commodore 64.
I started coding with STOS Basic and GFA Basic on the Atari ST. When I started high school, I learned Pascal and soon moved on to using C. Since then I learned to code in Java and my first programming job was doing server-side applications with Java. After that I've done pretty much everything in C++ but I've also learned some assembler languages like 6502, Z80, 68000 and ARM.
I have participated in many demoscene competitions throughout the years and here's the record of my achievements:
- 2nd at Aggressive Party'93 music competition
- 2nd at Assembly'94 multichannel competition
- 2nd at Assembly'95 4 channel competition
- 3rd at Assembly'96 multichannel competition
- 2nd at Assembly'97 C64 music competition
- 3rd at Zoo'97 music competition
- 1st at Assembly'98 music competition
- 4th at Assembly'99 C64 music competition
- 5th at Assembly'99 MP3 competition
- 4th at Assembly 2000 oldschool music competition
- 5th at Assembly 2000 MP3 competition
- 1st at Assembly 2001 oldschool music competition
- 4th at Assembly 2001 MP3 competition
- 1st at Assembly 2003 instrumental music competition
- 1st at Assembly 2004 instrumental music competition
- 2nd at Assembly 2006 oldschool music competition
- 2nd and 5th at Assembly 2007 oldschool music competition
- 1st at Silly Venture 2010 YM2149 music competition
- 3rd at Silly Venture 2012 YM2149 music competition
- 1st at Silly Venture 2013 YM2149 music competition
- 1st at Silly Venture 2014 YM2149 music competition
- 2nd at Silly Venture 2016 YM2149 music competition
- 1st at Silly Venture 2017 YM2149 music competition
- 1st at Silly Venture 2019 YM2149 music competition